Alienation of Affection/Criminal Conversation

Hi,

I am in the state of GA. My husband is having a very active affair with a woman who lives in North Carolina. He wants a divorce from our long-term marriage. She is also married and will be seeking a divorce from her husband after the one-year separation period. However, she is still living in her home with her husband. Her husband knows about the affair as well.

My husband spends almost every weekend with her, then comes back to the home we share. They go camping in both South and North Carolina. They also recently stayed in a hotel in GA.

He has told many people about this affair, including our 2 children. I have a copy of an e-mail he printed for me regarding her attorney consultation in North Carolina. I also have pictures of them showing their arms around each other and dialog written about their times together that were publicly available on the internet.

Can I sue her for alienation of affection or criminal conversation with the evidence I have? If so, do I have to retain an attorney in North Carolina to do it and what kind of fees would I be looking at? She does have some assets. I know it takes 2 to tango, but this is wrong in so many ways that I would like to see at least some repercussions for these actions. My family is destroyed because of this.

You may sue her for alienation of affection in NC. These cases are complex and I would most certainly recommend that you retain an attorney. Depending on how the case goes, if it settles, how long it takes, ect you could be looking at legal fees anywhere in the neighbourhood of $10,000.00 to $100,000.00 or more.

Thank you very much for your response.

In your opinion, based on the evidence of the photographs and the written dialog confirming they are frequently together, do I in fact, have a strong, valid case or would it be a waste of time, effort and money to pursue this? Additionally, there are many witnesses of which I have names that have seen them camping together in the same tent. They are all friends.

Thank you in advance for your response!

In my opinion you have some compelling evidence. The case may or may not be worth pursuing however, depending on the assets of the paramour.