Alienation of Affection Question

my understanding of AA is that if you have reconciled with your husband/wife then you cannot file AA - it is only if that was the situation which led to your divorce. Why would you want to dredge all of this up again anyway? Move on.

Dear newberrydc:

Greetings. No, there is no personal jurisdiction against her and the behavior happened in SC. Sorry. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

There was an affair in our marriage appx 1 year ago, while we were living in SC. The marriage was great until that time, when a woman moved in on my husband after our son died and I was visiting family. Since then, there has been a huge rift in our marriage. We now live in NC. Can I file AoA against her under NC law since we are NC residents now? She lives in SC and her husband has divorced her for promiscuity (he even won full custody of his step children).