AOA and CC


Dear FNroselady:

Greetings. Yes, you can sue her for AOA and CC in North Carolina since she is a resident here and the behavior occurred here. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Hi, sorry to bring up this subject over and over but I have not seen this addressed. Prior to my marriage to my husband he had lived with a woman(In NC). Then while still living together as husband and wife(in NC). I found out that they had reconnected.Private investigator ect…with plenty of proof. He and I then attempted and did work things out and everything was fine, or so I thought. We relocated to SC and made new lives. I have recently found out that this woman has been in contact with my husband again!!! And again I have plenty of proof, right down to videos. Can I sue her for AOA and or CC if I live in another state and she is still a resident of Southern Pines, NC??
I am not sure the statute of limitations applies due to the fact that this began then stopped and then several years later began again.
Yes I am fully aware of the cost of such an action and fully prepared to move forward with this if I can. This lady is also fully aware of the laws and how they could effect her and she thumbs her nose at them. And she has plenty of assests that could come into question.
I just recently caught him at her house in NC where he stayed for several days with her.