Alienation of Affection?

On our Wedding night almost 30 years ago my husband said he wanted to wait until we were on our honeymoon to consummate our marriage…so 4 days later that happened…warning sign…

So many times over the years being rejected for affection I just stopped asking…

Is this something that can be brought up during a divorce? He married me so he’d have a roommate and someone to split expenses…I had the money was a saver…gullible…stupid…and a christian woman who was told I’d be breaking my vow to God if I left and my life would not be blessed…Anyhow…

Time to make a change…appreciate any advice…

Alienation of affection is a lawsuit against a third party to a marriage when that third party has allegedly alienated the love and affection between the spouses. So for example, if your husband had an affair with another woman, and you claim the other woman alienated and took away the love and affection between you and your husband, then you could sue the other woman for alienation of affection. Take a look at our article Infidelity & Alienation of Affection for more information.

According to the information you’ve provided, this cause of action may not be applicable in your situation. While having a spouse that does not provide love and affection is not a specific form of marital misconduct, depending on the specific circumstances, it could be considered abandonment (constructive abandonment), which is a specific form of marital misconduct. Marital misconduct affects the issue of alimony.

Check out our article Get Me Out of this Sexless Marriage for more information about constructive abandonment.