Alimony and refusal to sign paperwork

My ex wife refuses to sign paperwork to stop foreclosure of our home. The profits of the sake of the home were suppose to go towards back alimony. Her attorney was court ordered to find a Realtor back in July. He never did so I did. My ex wife has refused to sign that paperwork too. Can I do anything? Is she only in contempt of court? Is her attorney in contempt of court?Can I sue her?

If a court order signed by a judge and filed stamped clearly states that your ex-wife was supposed to do something by a certain time or within a reasonable time and she did not, then she would be in violation of the court order. You can file a contempt motion (called a motion and order to appear and show cause) to have her held in contempt and to have the court order enforced.

The attorney is likely not in contempt of court since the attorney is not a party to the case.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.