You can seek alimony if you are a dependent spouse, meaning you earn less money than your spouse and you are dependent on his income to maintain the standard of living during the marriage. If you have a claim for alimony, when you go to court for alimony you can request that your spouse be required to pay a portion of your attorneys fees. Generally, you are required to pay your fees up front.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Ok I need some advice I am married to someone and they are living with another person and have pictures and stories of themselves on myspace. SO there is proof he is with her. Now I want to get alimony and a divorce, is there any way to do all of this at his expense I cant afford to do it.