Amended Motion for Contempt

I am representing myself on motion for contempt against my ex-wife. We have a court date for Feb. 6 and she was served Dec. 20.

Since being served, she has complied with me picking up SOME of my property items, but not ALL.

Should I write an Amended Motion and file it with the Clerk of Court? Do I also need to have her served again?

It would not be necessary to file an amended motion but if you did, you would need to file it with the clerk of court and send it to your ex-wife, but you would not need to serve it by certified mail or sheriff’s deputy. You can simply mail it in the regular mail at the address that you successfully served her with the original motion.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.