Answering Civil Action


Answer is due on 8/21 meeting with CSE is 8/20. Should I cancel the appt with the CSE?



No, you should still go to the meeting with CSE because at a minimum you will get additional information about her finances.

The answer you file with Child Support Enforcement is different than the action for custody and visitation. You can physically file them at the same time, but they are two different actions, with two different file numbers.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


Thank you for your reply to my other post. I understand how to answer the civil action, I think. I just deny or agree to the points made in the civil summons. Right?

Do I still meet with the child support enforcement people before going to court or should I postpone this meeting and let the court settle it?

I also found the forms to apply for custody and visitation as well and will be doing that. Should I do that with my answer or separately? You people are a fine example of charity and good will. I thank you for any guidance, you can give me. If I can find some money, I will be hiring one of you on to help me if possible.