CS Calculation Wrong

Update: I’m glad to say that patience paid off. The judge updated the order with the correct child support amount and forwarded to me and CSE. Yeah! It is a relief to have this resolved.

Congratulations, I’m glad this worked out for you. I am sorry I did not answer your original post, I am not sure why I did not see it.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

When I went to court a over a month ago to have cs modified the ex’s attorney ran the child support calculator after we agreed on the line items and got $698 per month. We hand wrote and signed the order (the ex, me, and the judge). The judge told us that she would be sending us a typed final version( which I still have not received).

At home later that day, I realized there was an error in math on the cs calculation. It actually should have been $750 per month. I then called the ex’s attorney and he agreed there was an error. He talked to the judge in our case and made her aware of the error and then he told me it would be corrected when the judge sent the final paperwork.

My problem is this…the judge still has not sent the final paperwork and now CSE is enforcing the incorrect amount of $698.

What do I do? Do I continue to be patient and wait for the paperwork from the judge or is there something I should file to make the judge aware of this problem ( and oh btw the ex is behind on paying the modified CS and arrears to CSE whichever amount is used)

This is just getting to be a big ole mess…any advice would be appreciated.