Child Support Enforcement Help?

They replied back and told me the following:

We are in receipt of your email regarding your child support case. The correct form would be The Order to Appear and Show Cause for Failure to Comply with Support Order, AOC-CV-602.

I hope this information is helpful.

Local Support Unit

I posted their response just so that, if someone else needed that info, they’d have it :slight_smile:


Thanks for sharing the info, best of luck.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Well, after being found in contempt already once, the ex is at it again and hasn’t paid for the month of March and hasn’t since February. We have just come back from visiting the local CSE office here, paying the $25 and filling out the application, but were told by someone who responded to an email sent from the CSE website that until they take over and ‘intervene’, we are responsible for letting the court know she’s delinquent. This person cited filing form AOC-CV-600, which is a Motion to Modify Support, but that isn’t what we want to do, we want to notify that she’s being delinquent (we think they cited the wrong form accidentally), which I feel is form

AOC-CV-507 Notice Of Delinquency In Child Support

or is

AOC-CV-602 Order To Appear And Show Cause For Failure To Comply With Support Order And Order To Produce Records And Licenses.

Can anyone answer for me which it is we’re supposed to fill out and file to get this going? I have emailed the website again asking for assistance, and am awaiting an answer I hope we’ll get, but the lady down at the local office was of no help, just told us to wait the 4-6 weeks, so I fear I might’ve found a rep who pitied us the first time and won’t find that person again now. Meanwhile, the ex is out buying a new vehicle, refurnishing her house, spending an obscene amount of money on herself (as usual), and we have custody, are the responsible ones (of course) and are receiving no child support. Not a shock, but it sure is a kick in the pants when she’s blowing all sorts of money and we’re sitting here, doing the right thing, and getting no help.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

~Hardworking blended family of 7