Bed and Board/Peremptory Setting

I filed my petition on January 31st from bed and board and have gone through 2 mediation getting nowhere. He is still in the home and harassing me on a regular basis, not paying bills which he make 3 times the amount. Was attempting to let my car insurance lapse and our kids ride in the car.

Our 1st court date was reschedule the stand by appt, our case didn’t make the list. I want him out of the house

My bed and board was based on serial affairs, emotional abuse, cruel punishment, and financial abuse.

How quick is the turnaround for peremptory setting? Should this be the next step?

I am just concern that my case is not moving expeditiously

Obtaining court dates and then actually being heard by a judge on a court date can take time due to overcrowding of court calendars and the volume of pending actions. Check with the clerk’s office in your county to see if you are calendaring your case for hearing in the appropriate way, or to see where you case falls on the calendar for your particular court date. Different counties calendar cases in different ways, and then once in court, it is up to the judge in what order he or she hears the cases.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.