Being kicked out of my home

Dear msnighthowl2000:

Greetings. Do not worry, he is lying to you about you receiving nothing. How much more than you does he earn? If you were working full-time, what would the difference in salaries be?

Alimony helps wives who make less money than their husbands after a long marriage - which usually involves the wives raising children, etc.

He is lying about the house and 401(k)…you probably will keep the house and get 1/2 of all his retirement and investments. If he hits you, call the police.

Your best bet is to save us some funds on a credit card (apply for one in your name) and to hire an attorney who can assist you. Keep your head up and find out ALL your legal rights, instead of trusting him.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

He makes between 65,000 and 70,000 a year. I only make about 5000. a year as a sub. We live in Halifax county which is considered to be a poverty county for North Carolina. Jobs are not easy to come by here. When I was working full time before the textile mill that I was working at closed I was only making 20,000 a year.

Dear msnightowl2000:

You appear to be entitled to alimony, which are payments to a dependent spouse from a supporting spouse to help them with monthly expenses. You need to go and speak to an attorney to understand all of your rights and get a feeling that you are not powerless. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

After 22 years of marriage. My husband has told me if I don’t find a full time job that he is going to leave. He tells me all of the time that I will never get anything. I work part time as a sub teacher in our local school system. All but one of our children are above the age of 18. What I am scared of is he is right, that I won’t be able to get alimony, and just child support for out son. He says he won’t have to pay support for me because I have proved I can hold down a full time job. He waited till our middle child reached 18 before he told me this. I don’t have any money because with not working during the summer months, I am not allowed to write checks or even buy groceries unless he is with me because he says if you don’t work you don’t have money. He runs a check on the checking account weekly and the savings also. If I have written a check or anything he gets very angry. I can’t remember the last time I brought anything new for myself. I have been faithful through out our marriage, he has, which I forgave him for. I stood by his side through his drinking and drug habit. He has a very good paying job. I guess what I need to know is how can I even get started without money or any money to hold my son and myself over till we can get anything straightened out. He also says I won’t get the house or any of his 401 K or retirement.