Birth Certificate Father

Look in NC Statutes 130A-101 for your answer. Good luck.

R.S.(Steve)Monks
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.3490 direct voice
919.256.1670 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
ncdivorce.com
email: rsmonks@rosen.com

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone at (919) 787-6668, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.

I have looked and looked for the Statute that deals with the husband being presumed the father of a child born during wedlock and his name being required on the birth certificate regardless of the mother’s insistance that he’s not the father. I can’t seem to find it (although I did locate it a few years ago for a friend). Another friend needs the statute and I can’t find it. Is it possible that this law has been changed/deleted?

Thanks.

tigger