Birth certificate


Dear sarahsrs:

Greetings. I am not going to research the issue of birth certificates, but I do recommend that you contact the office of vital statistics and see if they have any information. Let us know what you find out. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.



I wanted to know if I could possibly get some information on how the birth certificate works in NC. If the mother of the child being born in NC, is married to someone other than the natural father, and she is currently separated. Who