Borderline personality disorder

Dear nwkltl:

First, I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist, or counselor…therefore my advice is that you consult a professional in the mental health field with your concerns. This needs to be addressed though, as his daughter does not need to walk on eggshells with your husband’s ex. I would also suggest that your husband and his daughter go to counseling together to learn how to deal with her. Best of luck and let us know if you need a list of mental health professionals in our area.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Well, I’m no expert, but my mother has BPD. There are a number of good sites and books that you should visit to learn more. I can’t think of them off the top of my head. “Stop Walking on Eggshells” is one.

You don’t say where the daughter resides or her age. I assume she is with her mother. There are varying degrees of BPD. Depending on the daughter’s age, speak with her about the importance of boundaries and make sure she knows to confide in her dad. BPD’s generally have a huge fear of abandonment. I am not surprised you’re having difficulty.

bpdcentral.com/
This is an EXCELLENT website on BPD,and dealing with it. You will find great support there,as well as tons of info on this crazy “disorder”.
How do I know about it?? I married a man with it-and it wasnt until I got pg with my 1st child that I began to see the real him.
Good luck-you’re gonna need it!!
Hadenuff

I will survive~~~

exploringpersonalitydisorders.1hwy.com

This site looks closely at the damage role-playing being mistreated can do. Acting out victimization is not only practice deceit it always creates a new real victim.

We believe that my husband’s ex has borderline personality disorder. Trying to maintain a relationship with his daughter is very difficult due to the unpredictable behaviours of his ex. What is the best way to deal with a person who quite possibly has borderline personality disorder?