How do you begin?

Dear Fed UP:

Greetings. I can understand how you must feel that you are on an emotional rollercoaster in the dark, awaiting the next big drop at any moment. It will come, so be prepared.

My advice for this is to speak with an attorney and formulate a plan for separation and custody. Having a plan will allow you to better anticipate each mood swing, how you will feel, and allow you time to recover from each emotional dip in the road.

Also, I recommend that you speak with a mental health professional as soon as possible. I know it may sound strange, but having someone who is totally neutral listen to every word you say is very empowering and therapeutic. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

It is amazing the woman that have placed their arms around me and embraced me this last month. I could not have survived without them. They have become my sounding board, advisors, teachers, and friends, along with sharing a great knowledge of private investigating techniques. [:)] It’s amazing how much is out there once you are faced with adversity.

Love this website.

Everything is gonna be alright…

I have been reading some of these forums, and boy can I relate![:(]

My husband has asked me for a divorce - it is almost a relief. He and I have been at each other’s throat for so long - but the pain is so intense, I can hardly breathe.

I adore my husband. The last thing that I ever wanted was for us to divorce. But he has lost that loving feeling. He “claims” there is no one else - he “claims” it is just him - he “claims” that he really still loves me but can’t love me the way I need to be loved.

Bull.

He is still reaching for me at night. He is still calling me and expressing his love, the next minute telling me he can’t wait for me to leave so that he can go on with his life.

We have 2 children - one together - and I have a daughter from a previous marriage. He has already agreed that I can take the children if I were to leave - as long as he is granted visitation.

I have gotten so confused I can hardly breathe. Right when I feel that I am advancing - bam! there he comes again and crushes me. He seems to be jealous of my success. I just recently got the job of a lifetime, and am so happy with it. I also do a lot of community work, but he bucks it the whole way.

He is acting like a selfish, immature jerk. And I still love him, but am realizing that I do need to leave.

Where do I begin?

Thank you in advance for your words. [:)]

Everything is gonna be alright…