You're right

That is also what the attorney said…“it is going to take time and the process is going to have ups and downs but be patient and be kind to yourself”. He said I probably have not seen nor heard the ugliest part of it all yet and that is why my husband has insisted from the git-go to leave the attorneys out of it because that is what usually happens. But, if I did not seek legal counsel I would not know half of what I know now and once that separation agreement is signed and everything agreed upon, it’s a done deal. I know the day will come when I will be sitting alone wherever I end up at, my daughter off to college 2.5 hours away, and I will have ‘that’ box of pictures and videos that contain what used to be my life. I will fall apart and my heart will ache for what could have been and for all of us that have experienced this. The attorney told me to try to look at it as not the end of the world but the beginning of a new one…one that I will have more control of and to know that I am not alone, and to reach out for help from others in the same situation.