Breach of Contract

Good morning ~~ My separation agreement was completed in NC, we both have moved out of state, I am having a problem finding out where I can file breach of contract for non-payment of alimony. Divorce papers have not been filed yet, which should be done first? I don’t want to lose jurisdiction by filing divorce papers in WV for the breach of contract, I am getting different answers from atty here. Thank you

The agreement will be governed by the law of North Carolina, but the suit will be filed where, you, or the defendant lives, as NC no longer has personal jurisdiction.