Can I get my wife for adultry while separation

Me and my wife have been separated for 6 months but started talking back in feb 2017 since then I’ve gone over once a week and spend time with her and our 3 kids for 3 months now. I also know she has a dating profile online which I have snap shots of it and she has guys spending the night when I’m not there. My ? Is we can’t start the divorce proceedings till next feb know cause of the yr mark started over cause of all the time we have been spending together but is it considered cheating if still married but half/ half separated?

You will have a claim for alienation of affection and a case for the marital misconduct ground of illicit sexual behavior if you can prove that your wife was seeing other men, among other requirements, during the marriage (before the date of separation). You can use events that happened after the date of separation to corroborate events that happened during the marriage. The date of separation is key. This is the date that you intended to live continuously separate and apart without a resumption of the marital relationship.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.