Can't find spouse

If I can’t find spouse what do I nee to do?

If you’re trying to locate your spouse in order to serve an absolute divorce complaint, you are required to use due diligence to locate him/her. This means that you search public records, obituaries, jail/prison lists, conduct Google searches, ask family and friends, search social media, and do anything else that might reasonably locate him/her.

If you still are not able to locate an address for him/her, you can serve him/her by publication in a newspaper that services the area of his/her last known address.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.