Change in Venue


My husband and I have custody over his two children. His ex-wife states that the custody process is taking “too long” and wants to move the case from Union County to Mecklenburg County. Both my husband and the children live in Union County, as well as his ex-wife. Is it possible for my husband’s ex-wife to request a change in venue to a county that neither of us live in?


From my knowledge, the proper venue will be Union County where everyone resides. You just can’t change because it is taking too long.


No, venue is not proper in Mecklenburg County.