Change of Venue/Jurisdiction

If you wish to register your order in Texas you will need to contact an attorney in Texas to find out about their specific procedure.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex and I were married in Texas and our daughter was born here. We moved to North Carolina back in 2000 and were divorced in North Carolina in 2002. Since the divorce my daughter and so did my ex. How can I file a change of jurisdiction/venue for our divorce so that the decree can be registered and modified in Texas? I can’t seem to find any example forms online and was wanting to submit the request on my own rather than try and hire an attorney over the phone.