Change of venue

I moved to NC from MD in August 2011. Our custody case there is closed and there are no motions/proceedings pending. I have full legal and physical custody of our child and I had full court permission for the move with our child. My ex has also moved to another state as well. We have both filed the appropriate address changes with the MD courts.

My question is should I just register our custody order in nc or do I actually need to ask for a change of venue since no parties reside in Maryland? I’m not seeking to modify the order in anyway at this time but should the case remain in MD if nobody lives there?

You should register the order here for purposes of enforcement, and to ensure NC has jurisdiction in the event anything ever comes up (a modification, or other dispute).