Changing counties

I was just wondering if a custody case is going on in another county and I’ve moved to a different county which tomorrow makes 6 months can I change counties? The children are in my custody and like I said tomorrow will make the 6 month mark living in this county the case has been continued a few times and we have another date coming up soon. I want to what is in the best interest for the children and I honestly think we need a new judge. So can anyone give me and advice on what I should do. I’ve been told that once the case is settled in the county where I use to live my ex cannot turn around and take to court in a different county since we’ve moved. But can i file a motion (I represent myself) to move to another county?

Yes, you can file a motion to change venue. The success of the motion is based on a lot of factors though.