Child Abandonment Question

My daughter has a baby that she leaves with her boyfriends mom, the child lives with his mom, he lives on his own, and my daughter lives with me. Is it possible for my daughters boyfriends mom sue for custody of their child under any kind of abandonment laws, or otherwise? Any help with this would be great!

She would have to move to terminate your daughter’s parental rights prior to moving forward to attempt to gain custody. Unless your daughter is an unfit mother, such a case would not be successful.