Child custody Mistress with Criminal record

I am about to separated with my wife. She had an affair with a man I found out has criminal record.

CONTRI.DELINQ OF MINOR (PRINCIPAL)
OFFESE DATE 1995
CONVICTION DATE 1997
NON CLASS CODE
PROBATION/PAROLE: INACTIVE

I would want to fight for child custody over my wife. Most likely it will be 50/50 but I am wondering if this record affect on child custody?

It’s not likely that the mother’s boyfriend’s misdemeanor conviction from 22 years ago will have any bearing on custody.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Can court order let him stay away from children?

If you and the mother agree to that language then it can be in the court order. But it’s not likely that a judge will find that a misdemeanor conviction from 22 years ago, without more, will be reason to order that the mother keep the children away from the boyfriend.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.