Child Support Calculator Problem

Dear TryingMyBest:

I will check into this today and determine what is going on. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi, I used your website’s child support calculator. I make $2918 gross per month. I have sole physical custody. My ex makes $1105 gross per month. I pay $350 per month in day care expenses and $307.09 for the children’s portion of the health insurance.

When I used YOUR calculator, it came out that my ex owed me $770.09 per month in support(basic child support + part of child care + health insurance premium).

I showed it to a friend who was recently divorced, and she said “that can’t be right!” . She went to the NC DHHS website and put in the same numbers. Their calculator says my ex owed ONLY the basic child support obligation of $200.50!

We played with the numbers, and it was only when we put in a gross of over $1500/month that my ex would start being responsible for the other expenses.

Is there a mistake in your calculator, or in the DSS calculator?? I can’t believe my ex gets away with NO responsibility for health insurance or day care costs just because the leech is underemployed!!!

Thanks