Child Support Modification

I would not advise that you represent yourself in such a proceeding, however, you may proceed without an attorney if you choose. Having an attorney can ensure that you will everything that needs to be considered is heard by the judge.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been paying child support persuant to a court order since 1999. My ex has engaged an attorney to request an increase. Is it necessary for me to also retain an attorney or can I represent myself and provide my income information to the court for their review. How should I proceed?