Increasing Child Support


Dear KJansson:

My suggestion is for you to contact the North Carolina Child Support Enforcement agency first. In the event that they cannot help you register the order in North Carolina and then modify it, then it may be to contact an attorney to assist you.

To know if it will be in your best benefit, check out our child support worksheet and fill out the form to see what your spouse would be paying you now. Thanks and best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Would it be to my benefit to retain an attorney in NC in order to facilitate an increase in child support when the original decree was issued in Dallas, TX? It has been over 9 years and the child support has never been modified and now it is time to do so.