Child Support Question


good luck with that. Maybe if you put it into your support agreement and maybe if she is in a good mood she will comply but I doubt it.



I don’t think she will have to show you how she spends the child support, I think you will have to show neglect on her part if you she the child going without proper parental care, but you getting reciepts, not gonna happen


Dear rfg8402:

Greetings. No, the child support can be spent any way that your wife wants to spend it. However, she is also responsible for the child’s clothing, housing, all utilities used for the child, etc. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am currently separated from my wife. She wants a divorce. Child support is in place. Can I ask my wife’s attorney for detailed receipts on what the child support is being used for. I want to make sure she is only spending it to care for my daughter.