Child Support Question?

Dear Ben:

Greetings. Try out our child support calculator and see if there is a difference. If you obligated yourself to pay for the other child, even though the child is not biologically yours, you may be compelled to pay child support to this child for the rest of your life, even if you were just trying to be nice. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am on my 2nd marriage to a woman who has 3 children. I adopted them about 3 years ago. They are all minor children. I have 2 children from a previous marriage, one is my biological child the other is not mine at all. I only pay on the 2nd one because I wanted to at the time, tho I still am paying. I no longer see the children much anymore since ex-wife moved to a different state. Would the 3 children that I have now be a good reason to have my child support adjusted or would they be taken into consideration? Our divorce agreement took place in NC. Thanks.