Child support set up in NC


Dear camstuf:

Greetings. Neat purple letters…I did not even know our forum had this feature!

Yes, if he is not the biological father, he would not have to pay child support. Only the child support enforcement agency can tell you if he is able to use the Fayetteville office. Remember that there is only one chance to get this testing completed, so if in doubt, retain an attorney. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My son and his wife have recently separated. My son lives in Fayetteville in the military. The baby and soon to- be- ex left Fayetteville. They now live in Gilford County. While my son was trying to set up child support with the DSS, they advised him to get a court ordered DNA test.
Does this mean that if he is not the father that he doesn