Child support & visitation


Dear one2one:

Greetings. You can talk to the child support enforcement agency in the even that you want to set/establish child support.

As far as the custody issues, you are being a floor mat. Your ex never had the option to come in and out of your home after the date of separation - even if he was paying the mortgage.

If he just shows up, don’t answer the door. When he calls later, inform him that he needs to make prior arrangements or you will have to take him to court to have the judge pick his times. So, either your ex can pick the times with you in advance or the judge can pick his times for him. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


In the case of an absolute divorce with no custody or child support how does the custodial parent go about establishing child support? I did not contest anything ex was trying to accomplish. I was told all this would be in the divorce papers. There were signs of reconciliation even after the divorce. He came and went in our martial home until I finally couldn