Filing child support




The attorneys must be very busy, and your question will be the last to be answered. They are answered in the order the last post is received. Impatience wont get you anywhere, this is free advise. I am pretty sure you can file for child support with him in the house. I am not 100% positive though. If you do a search on the forum using keywords you will probably find an answer. Or you could even call child support enforcement. Good luck!! I know how frustrating it is to not receive support.


Thank you almostdone. He is no longer in the house. He and all of his things are gone as of 10 minutes ago. My child support application is in the mail. Thank you for responding. I was looking for anyone to say something.


Dear heleftme:

Greetings. Yes, you can contact child support enforcement while he is still in the home and get him to pay child support. Thanks

Also, THANKS ALMOSTDONE!!! It makes me happy to see that my time is understood and appreciated.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband moved in with his girlfriend for two weeks but came back into our home after I mentioned child support. He is not paying any bills in the house. He says he is looking for an apartment. Can I file for child support with him in the house now?