Child Support

I am remarrying in a few months and will be able to work part time (30 hours) so that I am able to pick up my children from school and spend more time with them over holidays and the summer. How will that effect my child support I am currently receiving?

Will the formula be based on my new income?

Also if I was able to find a way to be a stay at home mom after remarrying how is child support determined?

The child support you are receiving may need to be recalculated when you switch from full-time work to part-time work. Assuming no provisions to the contrary in your separation agreement or child support order, the child support you are receiving can only be modified when there is a substantial change in circumstances which affects the welfare of the minor children. Presumably in your situation, the child support you receive will increase.

If you see that your child support amount should be modified, then yes, it would be based on your new income.

Your child support amount would need to be recalculated again if you remarry and then decide to become a stay at home mom (assuming no provisions to the contrary in your separation agreement or child support order). Remarrying will not affect the child support you receive but your voluntary, good faith decrease in income will, as this would create a substantial change in circumstances scenario.