Child support


I know you are busy,however,if you get a chance would you please answer my question.

Thank you.


If you can prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the entry of the order, then you can ask a court to modify child support. There is no three year time limitation on the ability of the court to modify child support.

Lisa M. Angel
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 781-1741 direct voice
(919) 256-1660 direct fax
(919) 787-6668 main voice
(919) 787-6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I already have one topic on here, I am doing a second one as a new topic, to take my turn.

Question: If I know that my ex. is making more money now than when the child support was calculated, can I go back to court to increase the child support (or) do I have to wait the three years?

Thank you.