Child taken by mother to poland

Look up the Hague Convention. It is an international law that prevents instances such as this. It can take some time, but you should get your daughter, if not bcak in your custody, back in this country. The penalties can be very strong and even include jail time, I believe. Do what you feel is right for your daughter. At 4 years old, she should have positive contact with both parents, tread carefully and good luck!

Dear paccio:

Greetings. You can file a claim under the Hague Convention, but this is a very, very long process. Have you talked to your daughter yet?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

my ex wife has taken my 4 year old to poland we have duel custody
but now when i try to reach my daughter i get phone banged by her family ,what can i do to get my daughter back