Taking child to another country

Dear asian1011:

Greetings. Fight it and ask the court not to allow the court to allow your child to leave. Find out if the country she is taking the child to is a party to the Hague Convention and compile a list of really good reasons why she should not be able to take the child overseas. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I was devioce 3 years ago ,Now i have temperatry custody of my son
now my ex-wife file a petition to take my son to another country for 1 month ,I don’t think she will come back,what should I do?