Child visitation


Dear takeitezonme:

Greetings. File a custody action in your county. If you cannot figure out how, you may be able to pay an attorney to help you draft the initial documents, and then you will need to research until you know. I think you just need to save up the funds and retain an attorney. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife and I have been seperated since november of last year. We have one child and she will not let me see her on a regular basis. It is a crazy situation, but we have not signed a seperatin agreement because we can not come to terms. She has stated that I can only see my child in her home while she is there. I know that this is an attempt to get me to spend time with her as well. She has no phone and I can’t call to set any arrangments. She is also using this to say that I am uncoopetative. I cannot afford an attorney at this time and I’m trying to figure out is there any way that I can file for regular visitation rights on my own through the court. I am in a new relationship and she will not come to terms on any visitation for that reason. Currently, I am lucky to see my child once a month. What can i do?