Daer gloryangel:

Yes, I would count the child support into his gross for calculating child support. The court would looke at your gross income and his gross income and the medical insurance premiums and you would pay child suppport according to worksheet A of the child support guidelines.

I would recommend that you also may want to file for custody and ask the court to order the 15 year old into counseling with you to help repair the relationship. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Ex wants child support.
He is on disability and receives a payment of approx $1300 a month. This money is TAX FREE.

He receives an additonal $650 a month in support FOR the one child from his SS disability. (yes he brain-washed child against me so he can get money) This is also TAX FREE.

His GROSS (counting the $650 for child or not?)is also his NET.

My gross income is just a little more (a few hundred dollars) than the GROSS/NET of his and child’s social security money.

I provide health insurance for child as a state employee. Child is 15.
While I am suppose to have joint custody…child will not talk, write, or visit…so that makes him have sole custody?

How would court figure child support?