Consent order

What county do you live in, in many counties there are provisions for orders to be submitted to the court if the other party does not cooperate.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

It is through Beaufort county.

The rules for Beaufort County can be found here:

nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Poli … s/1090.pdf

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

my ex filed to have my support reviewed in Jan, and we were supposed to go to court in Feb. I hired an attorney and he had the hearing pushed back to march to review documents since my case was getting transferred from another state. She hired a lawyer as well The court date got postphoned 3 additional times because she would not cooperate with her lawyer and get papers to him. Mind you she lives only a half hour away from her lawyer, and I am out of state. When it finally went to court the judge raised my support up substantially but also allowed me more visitation time with my kids, my lawyer went for me as he had stated that it was not necessary for me to attend. The hearing was in mid may and the judge had stated that the final papers should be filed no later than the 13th of June. My lawyer faxed the papers to me on that day and I signed them, she however still has not signed them. I have been charged over $3000.00 in attorney fees just for my lawyer to be playing phone tag with her lawyer to try to get these papers signed. I get charged for every call that is made, and I am falling behind in my support because it was supposed to be transferred to the state of North Carolina child support division and I am supposed to be making payments through them, but I can not because they have no case number for me and do not have it registered in the system. The current Child Support division says that I can not make the payment through them as they have not received any orders or notification that there has been an increase. I have my children right now and they want to stay with me but my attorney wants another $3000 to petition for custody and I do not have it. Is there any way to hold her or the attorneys in contempt for not getting the order into the court. I am going bankrupt just waiting. Also are there any forms that I can file myself to petition for custody on my own. My children are 13, 12, and 11.