Dear javaking66:

Not technically, but if they don’t answer the complaint the court will act in the best interests of the only party before them. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Is it correct to assume that, if the person to whom the summons for divorce are served via certified/registered mail does not reply at all, then he/she is giving consent?

Let me know.