Contacting the Affair partner

I’ve heard it’s a bad idea to contact the person my partner cheated with. I’m considering an attorney but is this a good or bad idea?

Generally, the best course of action is to have an attorney contact the paramour with a letter that places a “litigation hold” on that person and directs that person that there may be litigation in the future due to his/her affair and that he/she shall not destroy, delete, dispose, etc. of any evidence related to the affair with your spouse.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.