I need to file a continuance for a a civil summons and I want to do this pro se, so how do I go about doing this and getting a continuance? What are the forms or paper work that needs to be completed?


It is not a continuance you will be requesting, you will need to file a Motion to Extend Time to Answer and Prepare and Order to extend time for the clerk to sign, this will give you an additional 30 days to respond to the Complaint filed against you. Many counties have self service centers which will have the forms you need to accomplish this.