Cost to file for separation

You can file sep papers yourself and not pay THAT amount but
I would have one look at it to make sure that its ok in my case I messed up but in the long run I did make out. Looks to me this lawyer is high price 300 just to talk think not may want to look for someone else I maybe wrong in the county you are in but still high to me.
Hope the best for you

I am not sure what you mean by separation papers. Can you give me more details on what specifically you asked the attorney to file?

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I visited an attorney last year. I paid around $300 for the consultation. She told me that in order to file the separation papers and have them served, it would cost me $1000! Since I’m a dependent spouse (and can’t get credit on my own) I couldn’t do this.

Is that the “going rate” to file? Or is that a bit high? I reside in Union County, btw.