CS Question

It is certainly something you can bring up in the hearing, but it will be up to the judge to decide if your extra expenses should be calculated into your child support obligation.

Good luck!

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
email: sstanback@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex is taking my to court to have her CS increased for our 15 1/2 year old daughter. I purchased a car for my older child when she turned 16 and titled the car in her mother’s name. I had planned to do the same thing for my younger daughter and was wondering if I should bring this up during my court hearing since the cost of the car will most likely be between $3500 and $4500. As as side note, I pay all the maintenance for the vehicles and the girls are expected to pay 1/2 the cost of insurance (to their mother.