Custody again?

Im not sure if I have already asked this but I have mine and my ex husbands daughter he is a registered sex offender he was 20 girl was 14 Can he get custody of our daughter? he dont pay me child support or anything

His status as a sex offender would certainly be considered in any custody action, but it does not necessarily mean that he would not be awarded visitation.

Where can I get assistance with custody b/c I do not have any funds to get my child?

You may want to try Legal Aid of NC.

I can never get legal aid on the phone to talk to them about custody or anything else

I would suggest dropping by the office.

I do not need the pittsboro office I need the Alamance office and there is no place to stop by you have to call so I am not sure my last resort Can’t I file for custody by myself? What forms do I need?

You may. You will need to file a complaint for custody and file it with the court house.

What forms do I need in order to file for custody if I do it myself?

A complaint for custody is filed along with a civil summons and a domestic civil action coversheet. Depending on the county there may be other forms that should accompany the three other documents.

Is this all I need for Alamance County?

This forum is not intended to give specific legal advice and I cannot guide through the process entirely through this forum. We do not practice in Alamance County so I cannot say what their local rules require.
Try looking up the local rules at www.nccourts.org under the Alamance County tab.

[quote=“Erin Clarey”]This forum is not intended to give specific legal advice and I cannot guide through the process entirely through this forum. We do not practice in Alamance County so I cannot say what their local rules require.
Try looking up the local rules at www.nccourts.org under the Alamance County tab.[/quote]

Thanks so much