Custody jurisdiction

In a case where i (the defedant) am living in another state and the mother of my child whom i am not together with (the plaintiff) lives in North Carolina with our daughter, where would the court appointment for child support be held? Can it be held in my state or will it be held in North Carolina? Is it possible to move jurisdiction to the state i reside in for a child support hearing?

NC would be the state to set child support.