Dear Nobody:

Greetings. If he is paying child support currently, or has in the past year, than you cannot terminate his parental rights. If you do terminate his parental rights that he will not pay child support any longer, although your child will still be able to inherit from him, unless your child is adopted by your new spouse. Thank you and best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

</font id=“Comic Sans MS”></font id=“red”>Thank you in advance. My childrens father has not had any form of contact with them in over two years now. I am starting my divorce process and was curious if I can request him to terminate his parental rights and still have him pay child support was possible. The childrens therapists agree it is not in thier best intrest to have contact with him any longer. [^]

Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.