Dating

Hi Amy
I am no lawyer but I can tell you in the state of NC you are still married and this is a crime and also you can only have sex with your soon to be ex. Just like me I am wanting to date and do things but if I do and get cought I can loose to much like the word money[:D] from my very soon to be ex-wife and to tell you I can not wait for this to end I want to start over and meet the right woman that I can give her and she can give me[:)].
I hope this helped you out a little I am very sure that Ms. Fritts can give you the right wording she is great and this site is great
Bye for now

Dear had_enough:

Are you receiving alimony? What does your separation agreement say about cohabitation?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I know that this issue has probably been address in previous posts, but I missed that boat. My soon to be ex and I have just signed the separation papers and I am curious about dating (yes, the ink has dried on the papers). Are there any reprocussions that he could take if he finds out I’m dating someone or is that not an issue (I wanted the separation/divorce)? I’ve been asked out a couple of times and just want to make sure that this is something I don’t have to wait a year to do. What are the rules about sex? Thanks for the help.

Amy